Monday, February 15, 2010

Where No Oh!s Have Gone Before...

I've been known to employ some nontraditional methods in eating the simplest things. Melted ice cream over cereal? Sure. Oatmeal instead of ground beef in a taco? Why not. Normally, the Ladyfriend Companion grimaces and clenches her stomach in witnessing such acts. But this morning, the ol' LfC went one step beyond even I'm willing to go.

She brewed some coffee. Ate her cereal, the stellar Oh!s (like a large Cheerio with honey-flecked oats and granola stuffed in the middle). Then, in lieu of half-and-half or a splash of 2%, she dropped a few spoonfuls of her cereal-milk into her coffee mug.

I was on the other side of the kitchen when she told me what she was doing.

"Ha, yeah right," I said, thinking she's just mocking my experimental whims.

"No, seriously," she said, and I turned to see her dip a spoon into the cloudy milk and drizzle some into the mug.

"OH!" I was not repeating the name of the cereal. "Oh wow... that's gross, dude."

To my sweet lady: I cannot abide. Drink it separately if you will, but do not taint the miracle that is Coffee with your leftover cereal-dampening fluid.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just remember how delicious graham crackers and bananas in a bowl of milk turned out to be.

Ms. Sassypants said...

It was really good. You don't know what you're missing!