Wednesday, April 18, 2007

My Name is Not Red Delicious

Hi,

My name is Jonathan. I like food. And though I've been weary of these web log dealios (I much prefer Frosted Cheerios), I also have made too many fantastic sandwiches not to share them with you, the nebulous mass of unphysical space out there. The hope in writing this is threefold: 1) that I get to speak my mind on all things edible, such as the various strengths and weaknesses of certain cereal combinations, and you, the aforementioned intangible pair of eyes, can absorb this knowledge happily, or glances over it, sees no mention of Famous Actress X or Hunky Male Model Y (or their celebrity spawn XY) and forges ahead, undeterred. Either of these options are fine. As with most of these expeditions into online keyboard-crunching, this is a purely solipsistic venture. But you're welcome to peek over my shoulders. 2) Practice, practice, practice. And 3) I'm allowed the opportunity to quote Roland Barthes whenever possible. "Writers are on holiday," he says in his collection Mytholigies, "but their Muse is awake, and gives birth non-stop." So consider this space a dual-purpose delivery room, where you receive both crates of Tropicana Medium Pulp Orange Juice with added Calcium, and, um, the infinity of my inspiration's goo-covered babies. Moist Towelettes available upon request.

No comments: